Blog: Monday looking manic at IFE
Dean Best | 16 March 2009
After the Sunday start, some would see today (16 March) as the first day proper at this year's IFE exhibition in London's Docklands.
Certainly, the trip on the Docklands Light Railway was cosier than yesterday and judging by the conversations and accents on the train, food industry representatives have come from far afield to attend the show.
No doubt top of their list will be the seminar given at 11:00 this morning when your editor and just-food's publishing director Chris Brook-Carter presents our latest report on the mega trends affecting the food industry.
Climate, credit and calories: Mega trends driving the food industry in 2009 is just-food's take on the salient trends affecting the food industry in the most turbulent economic times for decades.
We're presenting as part of IFE's Future Trends programme, which, over the next three days, will see seminars taking in topics from NPD in a recession, through organic and ethical buying and on to the issue of food inflation.
We're first up this morning. Let's hope the assembled throng throw up some "easy ones" in the Q&A after....
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020