Blog: Monday looking manic at IFE
Dean Best | 16 March 2009
After the Sunday start, some would see today (16 March) as the first day proper at this year's IFE exhibition in London's Docklands.
Certainly, the trip on the Docklands Light Railway was cosier than yesterday and judging by the conversations and accents on the train, food industry representatives have come from far afield to attend the show.
No doubt top of their list will be the seminar given at 11:00 this morning when your editor and just-food's publishing director Chris Brook-Carter presents our latest report on the mega trends affecting the food industry.
Climate, credit and calories: Mega trends driving the food industry in 2009 is just-food's take on the salient trends affecting the food industry in the most turbulent economic times for decades.
We're presenting as part of IFE's Future Trends programme, which, over the next three days, will see seminars taking in topics from NPD in a recession, through organic and ethical buying and on to the issue of food inflation.
We're first up this morning. Let's hope the assembled throng throw up some "easy ones" in the Q&A after....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review