Blog: Morrisons rings up higher margins
Dean Best | 21 July 2009
The Morrisons juggernaut rumbles on.
And today (21 July), the UK retailer went some way to answering some long-held suspicions that, despite soaring sales, its focus on value could be hitting margins.
The UK's fourth-largest grocer today upped its margin forecast for the year, sending its shares skywards.
Morrisons buoyed investors with news that growing sales volumes and its series of intiatives to manage margins was improving profits.
The retailer has been out-performing some of its rivals as cash-strapped consumers flock to its stores but the market has questioned just what impact its push for value was having on margins.
Now, some of those concerns have been allayed. We would just like to know if and when Morrisons will finally go online.....
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review