Blog: M&S's Sir Stuart to join Pret a Manger owner
Dean Best | 14 September 2010
Sir Stuart Rose, the outgoing chairman of UK retailer Marks and Spencer, is set to join the world of private equity - and the owner of rival sandwich seller Pret a Manger.
Private-equity firm Bridgepoint today (14 September) announced that it had appointed Sir Stuart to its European advisory commitee.
Bridgepoint managing partner William Jackson said he was "delighted" that Sir Stuart was joining the fund. "He's had a fantastic business career and has unparalleled experience in the retail world where Bridgepoint has made substantial investments over the years. It will be great to have him on the team," Jackson said.
The private-equity firm acquired Pret a Manger in 2008 and plans to expand the retailer's store numbers by 15% a year, expansion that M&S will watch with interest.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report