Blog: Muller milks promotions
Dean Best | 9 June 2010
Some interesting insights emerged from our most recent Promo Tracker - data used to monitor promotions in the UK grocery sector.
According to the stats, complied by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, yoghurt brand Muller was once again the most-promoted food brand in the UK, with over 90% of SKUs on promotion in May.
Given the brand's positioning as a mass premium product, Muller's heavy use of promotions is somewhat surprising.
The same could be said for Danone's Actimel brand, second in May's list - after being second in April, too.
Click here for more on the latest just-food Promo Tracker.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant