Blog: Muller milks promotions
Dean Best | 9 June 2010
Some interesting insights emerged from our most recent Promo Tracker - data used to monitor promotions in the UK grocery sector.
According to the stats, complied by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, yoghurt brand Muller was once again the most-promoted food brand in the UK, with over 90% of SKUs on promotion in May.
Given the brand's positioning as a mass premium product, Muller's heavy use of promotions is somewhat surprising.
The same could be said for Danone's Actimel brand, second in May's list - after being second in April, too.
Click here for more on the latest just-food Promo Tracker.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund