Blog: Muller milks promotions
Dean Best | 9 June 2010
Some interesting insights emerged from our most recent Promo Tracker - data used to monitor promotions in the UK grocery sector.
According to the stats, complied by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, yoghurt brand Muller was once again the most-promoted food brand in the UK, with over 90% of SKUs on promotion in May.
Given the brand's positioning as a mass premium product, Muller's heavy use of promotions is somewhat surprising.
The same could be said for Danone's Actimel brand, second in May's list - after being second in April, too.
Click here for more on the latest just-food Promo Tracker.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements