Blog: Muller milks promotions
Dean Best | 9 June 2010
Some interesting insights emerged from our most recent Promo Tracker - data used to monitor promotions in the UK grocery sector.
According to the stats, complied by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, yoghurt brand Muller was once again the most-promoted food brand in the UK, with over 90% of SKUs on promotion in May.
Given the brand's positioning as a mass premium product, Muller's heavy use of promotions is somewhat surprising.
The same could be said for Danone's Actimel brand, second in May's list - after being second in April, too.
Click here for more on the latest just-food Promo Tracker.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO