Blog: Muller milks promotions
Dean Best | 9 June 2010
Some interesting insights emerged from our most recent Promo Tracker - data used to monitor promotions in the UK grocery sector.
According to the stats, complied by mysupermarket-insights.co.uk, yoghurt brand Muller was once again the most-promoted food brand in the UK, with over 90% of SKUs on promotion in May.
Given the brand's positioning as a mass premium product, Muller's heavy use of promotions is somewhat surprising.
The same could be said for Danone's Actimel brand, second in May's list - after being second in April, too.
Click here for more on the latest just-food Promo Tracker.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea