Blog: mysupermarket goes Stateside
Dean Best | 12 June 2013
UK price comparison website mySupermarket has crossed the Atlantic and launched in the US.
mySupermarket's debut in the US will see it compare prices across retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and Costco.
"mySupermarket revolutionised the grocery shopping experience overseas and we're very pleased to share this tool with US customers," CEO Allon Bloch claimed. "Until now, it's been virtually impossible for consumers to effortlessly price compare items across various retailers."
The mySupermarket.com service also crunches prices at online giant Amazon, which is slowly expanding its grocery service AmazonFresh. Amazon, which launched the scheme in Seattle, has launched the service in Los Angeles.
However, online grocery retailing is in its early stages in the US. In the UK, mySupermarket.co.uk compares prices at the major UK grocers that are online - Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Ocado.
The initial companies being monitored in the US also includes non-food outlets like soap.com, diapers.com and drugstore.com, perhaps underlining that online food retailing over the Atlantic is in its infancy.
Keep your eyes peeled on just-food's analysis pages this week for an in-depth look at what Amazon's moves in online grocery could mean for the wider industry in the US.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities