Blog: mysupermarket goes Stateside
Dean Best | 12 June 2013
UK price comparison website mySupermarket has crossed the Atlantic and launched in the US.
mySupermarket's debut in the US will see it compare prices across retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and Costco.
"mySupermarket revolutionised the grocery shopping experience overseas and we're very pleased to share this tool with US customers," CEO Allon Bloch claimed. "Until now, it's been virtually impossible for consumers to effortlessly price compare items across various retailers."
The mySupermarket.com service also crunches prices at online giant Amazon, which is slowly expanding its grocery service AmazonFresh. Amazon, which launched the scheme in Seattle, has launched the service in Los Angeles.
However, online grocery retailing is in its early stages in the US. In the UK, mySupermarket.co.uk compares prices at the major UK grocers that are online - Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Ocado.
The initial companies being monitored in the US also includes non-food outlets like soap.com, diapers.com and drugstore.com, perhaps underlining that online food retailing over the Atlantic is in its infancy.
Keep your eyes peeled on just-food's analysis pages this week for an in-depth look at what Amazon's moves in online grocery could mean for the wider industry in the US.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Freedom Foods Group nears M&A in Oz, North America
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020