Blog: mysupermarket goes Stateside
Dean Best | 12 June 2013
UK price comparison website mySupermarket has crossed the Atlantic and launched in the US.
mySupermarket's debut in the US will see it compare prices across retailers like Wal-Mart, Target and Costco.
"mySupermarket revolutionised the grocery shopping experience overseas and we're very pleased to share this tool with US customers," CEO Allon Bloch claimed. "Until now, it's been virtually impossible for consumers to effortlessly price compare items across various retailers."
The mySupermarket.com service also crunches prices at online giant Amazon, which is slowly expanding its grocery service AmazonFresh. Amazon, which launched the scheme in Seattle, has launched the service in Los Angeles.
However, online grocery retailing is in its early stages in the US. In the UK, mySupermarket.co.uk compares prices at the major UK grocers that are online - Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Ocado.
The initial companies being monitored in the US also includes non-food outlets like soap.com, diapers.com and drugstore.com, perhaps underlining that online food retailing over the Atlantic is in its infancy.
Keep your eyes peeled on just-food's analysis pages this week for an in-depth look at what Amazon's moves in online grocery could mean for the wider industry in the US.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review