Blog: National fish fingers and custard day?
Katy Askew | 2 April 2013
Doctor Who adorns the latest packaging for Birds Eye fish fingers in the UK
There are some of you who will immediately know what I'm talking about. For the rest, let me explain: tomorrow has been named "national fish fingers and custard day" to celebrate the favourite food of the eleventh doctor. Dr Who? Exactly.
Dr Who has replaced Captain Birdseye on a special-edition pack of fish fingers, which has been created by UK frozen food brand Birds Eye to mark the occasion and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the cult BBC series.
Avid Dr Who fans might be in for something of a disappointment, however. Birds Eye has only made one pack, a spokesperson for the group explains. This has been sent to Matt Smith who plays the eleventh Doctor in the iconic television show. I shudder to think what that would go for on eBay (mint, in box).
Lucky Smith has also been sent a year's supply of Birds Eye fish fingers.
Birds Eye has not entered into discussions with custard brands over potential cross-promotional opportunities this year, but as fish finger and custard day looks set to be an annual event, perhaps we should watch this space.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review