Blog: Nestle carries out search for "perfect bubble"
Michelle Russell | 6 July 2012
Nestle has given a new meaning to the word innovation.
The Swiss food giant is using zero gravity research, with the help of the European Space Agency (ESA), to develop its understanding of the foam technology used in its products. Nestle is hoping the study will help its scientists create better air bubbles in chocolate, coffee, dairy and pet food.
According to Nestle, bubbles are added to products, like chocolate mousse and coffee froth, to make the right texture or consistency.
Nestle said its scientists are now working on foam experiments with the ESA designed to produce the "perfect" bubble.
"We want to make a near to perfect bubble in order to achieve the right balance for different products in our range - not too big, not too small," said Dr Cécile Gehin-Delval, a scientist at the Nestlé Research Centre.
"Stable foam in chocolate mousse gives the feeling of creaminess in the mouth. To make fine coffee froth, we want to create stable little bubbles to make it light and creamy."
So, for those wanting more bubble in their Aero, the wait may soon be over.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements