Blog: Nestle carries out search for "perfect bubble"
Michelle Russell | 6 July 2012
Nestle has given a new meaning to the word innovation.
The Swiss food giant is using zero gravity research, with the help of the European Space Agency (ESA), to develop its understanding of the foam technology used in its products. Nestle is hoping the study will help its scientists create better air bubbles in chocolate, coffee, dairy and pet food.
According to Nestle, bubbles are added to products, like chocolate mousse and coffee froth, to make the right texture or consistency.
Nestle said its scientists are now working on foam experiments with the ESA designed to produce the "perfect" bubble.
"We want to make a near to perfect bubble in order to achieve the right balance for different products in our range - not too big, not too small," said Dr Cécile Gehin-Delval, a scientist at the Nestlé Research Centre.
"Stable foam in chocolate mousse gives the feeling of creaminess in the mouth. To make fine coffee froth, we want to create stable little bubbles to make it light and creamy."
So, for those wanting more bubble in their Aero, the wait may soon be over.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities