Blog: Nestle confirms emerging market targets
Katy Askew | 6 November 2012
Swiss food group Nestle has confirmed that it hopes to generate around half of its sales in emerging markets by 2020.
Nandu Nandkishore, Nestlé Zone Director for Asia, Oceania, Africa and Middle East commented: "Globally emerging markets I believe contribute about 40% of Nestle's business at this point of time... and [the] expectation is that by the end of the decade it should reach 50%"
Nestle's revenue growth in emerging markets is outpacing that in developed economies. During the first nine months of this year, Nestle said that emerging market sales rose 11.7%, compared to growth of just 2.4% in developed markets.
In a bid to continue this growth in emerging markets apace, Nestle is focused on expanding its routes to market and enhancing its product offering. The company recently announced that it will open two R&D centres in China to support local product development.
And Nestle - like many of its peers - looking well beyond the highly publicised opportunity presented by the BRIC economies. In this month's just-food interview, to be published in the coming weeks, we will be speaking to Nestle equatorial Africa region head Ian Donald on the company's plans to grow in the region.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report