Blog: Nestle mulls future of another unit
Dean Best | 14 November 2014
Davigel, Nestle's France-based foodservice division, could be the next business sold as the world's largest food maker reshapes its portfolio.
The Swiss food giant, which has sold a clutch of assets in recent months, said today it is "exploring strategic options for the development of Davigel".
In a short statement, Nestle said that exploration "mainly involves identifying a partner to help Davigel in its next stage of growth while safeguarding the best interests of employees, customers and shareholders".
A sale is by no means certain - but appears likely.
Nestle has been steadily trimming parts of its portfolio in recent months. CEO Paul Bulcke has said the company has been "looking at our product and brand portfolio and analysing it through a sharper, stricter lens".
In February, Nestle announced the sale of its PowerBar unit to Post Holdings and late last year, the group completed the sale of its Jenny Craig weight management assets in North America and Oceania.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review