Blog: Nestle mulls future of another unit
Dean Best | 14 November 2014
Davigel, Nestle's France-based foodservice division, could be the next business sold as the world's largest food maker reshapes its portfolio.
The Swiss food giant, which has sold a clutch of assets in recent months, said today it is "exploring strategic options for the development of Davigel".
In a short statement, Nestle said that exploration "mainly involves identifying a partner to help Davigel in its next stage of growth while safeguarding the best interests of employees, customers and shareholders".
A sale is by no means certain - but appears likely.
Nestle has been steadily trimming parts of its portfolio in recent months. CEO Paul Bulcke has said the company has been "looking at our product and brand portfolio and analysing it through a sharper, stricter lens".
In February, Nestle announced the sale of its PowerBar unit to Post Holdings and late last year, the group completed the sale of its Jenny Craig weight management assets in North America and Oceania.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Farmers in three Australian states are set to grow "millions of extra vegetables" to meet increased demand under a new supply agreement between the country's second largest grocer, Coles and US-based ...
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review