Blog: Nestle starts advertising push for Maggi in India
Dean Best | 1 September 2015
Maggi noodles are yet to return to shelves in India but Nestle has started to pave the way for the brand's comeback with a series of social media ads.
Using the hashtag #WeMissYouToo, the company has posted four adverts on YouTube, which you can see below.
Nestle has to conduct fresh tests on Maggi noodles under a judgment from the Bombay High Court handed down last month, which overruled the nationwide ban placed on the products by India's Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
It is the first marketing activity on Maggi - which accounts for 23% of Nestle's sales in India - since claims over the content of the noodles first emerged in June.
Nestle is understood to have six weeks from the 13 August ruling to conduct the tests.
While the court's verdict was something of a boost for Nestle, the company is still facing a lawsuit from India's Department of Consumer Affairs.
"The Department has filed this class action suit on behalf of the large number of consumers of Maggi in the country against Nestle India on grounds of unfair trade practices, sale of defective goods and sale of goods to the public by selling Maggi Oats Noodles without product approval," the Department said last month.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review