Blog: No egg on Asda’s face
Catherine Sleep | 18 October 2004
Checkout staff at UK grocer Asda have been asked to be vigilant when selling eggs in the run-up to Halloween. In recent years members of the public have complained of teenagers using eggs as trick or treat missiles.
So, eggs will henceforth be treated in the same way as alcohol and cigarettes, and be off limits for the under-16s, unless they form part of a normal-looking shopping basket. Pity the poor cashier who has to implement this ban; imagine the grief (s)he could come in for.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report