Blog: No more ho ho ho
Catherine Sleep | 27 October 2005
The voice of the green giant will boom no more. Elmar ‘Len’ Dresslar, who has died aged 80, probably never imagined that he would forever best be known for three little words he boomed into a microphone in 1959: “Ho, ho, ho”. For Dresslar was the voice of the Jolly Green Giant that represented Green Giant vegetable products.
The Jolly Green Giant has been acknowledged by Advertising Age magazine as one of the three most recognizable American advertising icons of the 20th century — after Tony the Tiger and the Marlboro Man. It’s quite an icon to be associated with.
Little known fact: Dressler was also Snap in the Snap-Crackle-Pop Rice Krispies trio.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report