Blog: No more ho ho ho
Catherine Sleep | 27 October 2005
The voice of the green giant will boom no more. Elmar ‘Len’ Dresslar, who has died aged 80, probably never imagined that he would forever best be known for three little words he boomed into a microphone in 1959: “Ho, ho, ho”. For Dresslar was the voice of the Jolly Green Giant that represented Green Giant vegetable products.
The Jolly Green Giant has been acknowledged by Advertising Age magazine as one of the three most recognizable American advertising icons of the 20th century — after Tony the Tiger and the Marlboro Man. It’s quite an icon to be associated with.
Little known fact: Dressler was also Snap in the Snap-Crackle-Pop Rice Krispies trio.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO