Blog: No neigh never…
Catherine Sleep | 2 July 2004
…no neigh never no more. Quirky flavours are the darling of today’s food industry innovators, and indeed we’ll soon be publishing a feature on that very subject. But in the meantime, what do we think about, wait for it, horse-flavoured ice cream?
Japan Cool recently launched this delicacy to a mixed response. They’re serious too: not for them mere ‘horse-flavoured essence’, oh no. Their Raw Horseflesh Ice Cream (Basashi Aisu) contains succelent chunks of horse meat. And if you’re not tempted by that, how about some Yagi Aisu? That’s Goat Ice Cream, in case you’re wondering. There are also Squid, Octopus and Ox Tongue varieties, should you be feeling adventurous.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund