Blog: No neigh never…
Catherine Sleep | 2 July 2004
…no neigh never no more. Quirky flavours are the darling of today’s food industry innovators, and indeed we’ll soon be publishing a feature on that very subject. But in the meantime, what do we think about, wait for it, horse-flavoured ice cream?
Japan Cool recently launched this delicacy to a mixed response. They’re serious too: not for them mere ‘horse-flavoured essence’, oh no. Their Raw Horseflesh Ice Cream (Basashi Aisu) contains succelent chunks of horse meat. And if you’re not tempted by that, how about some Yagi Aisu? That’s Goat Ice Cream, in case you’re wondering. There are also Squid, Octopus and Ox Tongue varieties, should you be feeling adventurous.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix