Blog: Northern the latest to fight for a pizza the action
Dean Best | 19 September 2008
In the UK, one category seems to be shrugging off the effects of the credit crunch – pizza.
In recent weeks, the likes of Northern Foods, Dr. Oetker and Schwan's have outlined plans to grab a bigger slice of the pizza market, which according to some estimates is worth around GBP103m (US$188m).
As UK consumers watch the pennies, the signs are that the pizza category is one part of the food industry that is benefiting. As eating out becomes less of an option, so shoppers can be inclined to spend a little bit more on eating in.
The likes of Domino's have certainly benefited from that trend, and given the bun-fight among the owners of the UK's biggest pizza brands, it seems that there is room for more companies to make a little bit of dough out of pizza.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020