Blog: Not a cool cat
Catherine Sleep | 1 February 2006
So former Wal-Mart VC Tom Coughlin has pleaded guilty to stealing money, gift cards and merchandise from his employer. How very embarrassing.
Worst of all, he showed poor taste. Among his thieved items were a pair of snakeskin boots and, wait for it, a Céline Dion CD. Coughlin apologised to his family for embarrassing them. I should say so!
I suppose it’s wrong to be flippant about a fall from grace, but there is a funny side. If it had been Franz Ferdinand or, oh I don’t know, maybe Pink Floyd, at least he’d have been famous for being cool, as well as dishonest.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report