Blog: Not just another veg box scheme…
Catherine Sleep | 22 March 2007
As many of you know, I’m a Devon maid currently in exile in Kent. Now, you can take the girl out of Devon but you can’t take Devon out of the girl, so my ears pricked up when I heard of two earthy Devon farmers who are getting a name for themselves in the premium soup market.
Rod and Ben (Rodney Hall and Ben Moseley) started an organic veg box scheme some time ago before branching into soups which recently won a coveted listing with upmarket retailer Selfridges. They are a great example of farmers thinking, quite literally, outside of the box to add value to their business. Indeed, they dabble in pestos, relishes and salsa, and are currently working with Yeo Valley on a range of new sweet soups, otherwise known as Smoothies.
He who dares, wins.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action