Blog: Not just another veg box scheme…
Catherine Sleep | 22 March 2007
As many of you know, I’m a Devon maid currently in exile in Kent. Now, you can take the girl out of Devon but you can’t take Devon out of the girl, so my ears pricked up when I heard of two earthy Devon farmers who are getting a name for themselves in the premium soup market.
Rod and Ben (Rodney Hall and Ben Moseley) started an organic veg box scheme some time ago before branching into soups which recently won a coveted listing with upmarket retailer Selfridges. They are a great example of farmers thinking, quite literally, outside of the box to add value to their business. Indeed, they dabble in pestos, relishes and salsa, and are currently working with Yeo Valley on a range of new sweet soups, otherwise known as Smoothies.
He who dares, wins.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Why near-term takeover of Mead Johnson unlikely
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix