Blog: Nutrition labelling podcast
Catherine Sleep | 17 January 2007
It can’t have escaped your attention that food labelling legislation is an extremely hot topic at the moment. One of the thorniest angles of the debate concerns consumer awareness. Do consumers know how much they should be eating? Do they know the energy content of the foods they eat? Do consumers read the nutrition information on label? Do they understand what it means, and do they use it when choosing foods?
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) has invested a great deal of time and effort in addressing these questions, and has just released a podcast bringing together insights into how nutrition information on pack is used by consumers around the world. It centres on a 15 minute round table debate recorded at the First World Congress of Public Health Nutrition, and features EUFIC director general Josephine Wills, as well as experts from Asia, Canada and the US. It’s well worth a look.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020