Blog: Nutrition labelling podcast
Catherine Sleep | 17 January 2007
It can’t have escaped your attention that food labelling legislation is an extremely hot topic at the moment. One of the thorniest angles of the debate concerns consumer awareness. Do consumers know how much they should be eating? Do they know the energy content of the foods they eat? Do consumers read the nutrition information on label? Do they understand what it means, and do they use it when choosing foods?
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) has invested a great deal of time and effort in addressing these questions, and has just released a podcast bringing together insights into how nutrition information on pack is used by consumers around the world. It centres on a 15 minute round table debate recorded at the First World Congress of Public Health Nutrition, and features EUFIC director general Josephine Wills, as well as experts from Asia, Canada and the US. It’s well worth a look.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review