Blog: Ocado looks to answer challenges
Dean Best | 29 March 2010
News that Ocado is looking to nail down a site for another distribution centre seems to answer one of the central questions fired at the UK online retailer - that it needs to demonstrate plans for expansion.
The company, which is insisting its plans for an IPO this summer will succeed, is facing questions from potential investors - notably on how it will expand, deliver profits and how it will deal with its unorthodox relationship with Waitrose, a company with its own online operations.
All these issues are discussed in just-food's latest 'in the spotlight' piece here and are central to whether investors, at a time when the market for IPOs remains unpredictable, believe in the strength of the Ocado business.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities