Blog: Okay okay!
Catherine Sleep | 10 October 2005
A few of you want to know more about the deadly delicacy of puffer fish, as mentioned in last week's newsletter, replicated below. I've found a pretty good article on the Slow Food site.
Most helpfully, it sheds light on the mentality of people who eat the stuff. On my surf in search of fugu information I found another account from a journalist who was sent to investigate the puffer fish phenomenon – strictly as an observer. She was mortified to be presented with a plate of it to try and learned something important about herself when she realised she’d rather die eating it than die of embarrassment refusing it. I can relate to that. Obviously she lived to tell the tale.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta appoints Gary McGann as chairman
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities