Blog: Okay okay!
Catherine Sleep | 10 October 2005
A few of you want to know more about the deadly delicacy of puffer fish, as mentioned in last week's newsletter, replicated below. I've found a pretty good article on the Slow Food site.
Most helpfully, it sheds light on the mentality of people who eat the stuff. On my surf in search of fugu information I found another account from a journalist who was sent to investigate the puffer fish phenomenon – strictly as an observer. She was mortified to be presented with a plate of it to try and learned something important about herself when she realised she’d rather die eating it than die of embarrassment refusing it. I can relate to that. Obviously she lived to tell the tale.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery