Blog: Okay okay!
Catherine Sleep | 10 October 2005
A few of you want to know more about the deadly delicacy of puffer fish, as mentioned in last week's newsletter, replicated below. I've found a pretty good article on the Slow Food site.
Most helpfully, it sheds light on the mentality of people who eat the stuff. On my surf in search of fugu information I found another account from a journalist who was sent to investigate the puffer fish phenomenon – strictly as an observer. She was mortified to be presented with a plate of it to try and learned something important about herself when she realised she’d rather die eating it than die of embarrassment refusing it. I can relate to that. Obviously she lived to tell the tale.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs