Blog: O'Key seeks to join X5 Retail on London stock exchange
Dean Best | 5 October 2010
Another Russian food retailer is looking to list in London.
O'Key, Russia's third biggest retailer by sales, is planning to join X5 Retail Group, the country's largest, with a spot on the London stock exchange.
The planned IPO, which O'Key has scheduled to happen by the end of the year, signals that Russian retailers are seeing consumer demand recover after the country's economy was hit hard by the global downturn.
O'Key is looking to raise funds to expand its hypermarket and supermarket chains in Russia, which number a total of 52 stores. The company's sales in the first half of 2010 stood at over RUB38bn (US$1.26bn).
X5 is Russia's largest retailer in terms of sales and its first-half turnover reached RUB155bn. It is has been busy snapping up retail chains to give it a stronger position as trading conditions improve but, nevertheless, the market remains fragmented. There is growth there for the likes of O'Key to aim at.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review