Blog: One night in Bangkok?
Catherine Sleep | 7 February 2007
So, there’s this banquet being held in Bangkok next Saturday. It’s being cooked by six three-star Michelin chefs being flown in specially from France, Germany and Italy. The meal comprises 11 courses, each accompanied by a different fine vintage wine.
Clearly professionalism dictates that I attend. The trouble is the small matter of the ticket price, which at 1 million Thai Baht or £15,000 doesn’t include tax or service. This is ever so slightly over my monthly expenses budget, but I’m sure my boss will view my request leniently.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review