Blog: One night in Bangkok?
Catherine Sleep | 7 February 2007
So, there’s this banquet being held in Bangkok next Saturday. It’s being cooked by six three-star Michelin chefs being flown in specially from France, Germany and Italy. The meal comprises 11 courses, each accompanied by a different fine vintage wine.
Clearly professionalism dictates that I attend. The trouble is the small matter of the ticket price, which at 1 million Thai Baht or £15,000 doesn’t include tax or service. This is ever so slightly over my monthly expenses budget, but I’m sure my boss will view my request leniently.
After starting the week with a surprise stock exchange announcement that hit its shares and called into questions its accounting practices, Hain Celestial could be set to receive a boost in the UK....
An indication of how tough trading conditions are in much of Europe emerged today (17 August) with figures from Nielsen suggesting in the second quarter of the year the region's FMCG sector had grown ...
US-based WhiteWave Foods has set a date for its shareholders to seal the deal on the planned US$12.5bn takeover of the group by French dairy giant Danone....
Announced last month, it is one of the more notable M&A deals in the international food sector of 2016. But an organic advocacy group in the US has taken aim at Danone's planned US$12.5bn takeover of ...
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Emmi earnings grow but sales outlook lowered
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site