Blog: One night in Bangkok?
Catherine Sleep | 7 February 2007
So, there’s this banquet being held in Bangkok next Saturday. It’s being cooked by six three-star Michelin chefs being flown in specially from France, Germany and Italy. The meal comprises 11 courses, each accompanied by a different fine vintage wine.
Clearly professionalism dictates that I attend. The trouble is the small matter of the ticket price, which at 1 million Thai Baht or £15,000 doesn’t include tax or service. This is ever so slightly over my monthly expenses budget, but I’m sure my boss will view my request leniently.
Growing demand for organic foods in the US is propelling sales in the sector. Organic products are moving from their niche to gain mainstream traction. Penetration is high - more than 80% of families ...
The health story of 2014 has been the debate over the impact sugar has on obesity. The issue hit the headlines in January and has stayed there, with only yesterday a study published in the UK calling ...
With demand for gluten-free on the rise, retailers in a number of countries have been building ranges of products to capitalise on a significant growth spot in challenging trading conditions. In the U...
France's fifth- and sixth-largest retailers, Auchan and Système U, are to team up on buying - with the companies to work together when dealing with international brands....
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious