Blog: One night in Bangkok?
Catherine Sleep | 7 February 2007
So, there’s this banquet being held in Bangkok next Saturday. It’s being cooked by six three-star Michelin chefs being flown in specially from France, Germany and Italy. The meal comprises 11 courses, each accompanied by a different fine vintage wine.
Clearly professionalism dictates that I attend. The trouble is the small matter of the ticket price, which at 1 million Thai Baht or £15,000 doesn’t include tax or service. This is ever so slightly over my monthly expenses budget, but I’m sure my boss will view my request leniently.
There has been an increase in M&A among companies in the food sector in recent months - and management consultants at EY expect to the trend to continue....
Nelson Peltz is not letting go. The US billionaire investor is continuing in his quest to get PepsiCo to split in two - and has reportedly suggested a proxy battle with the company could be on the hor...
just-food has launched a section on its website dedicated to interviewing internationally-ambitious small- and medium-sized enterprises. ...
The boom in demand for dairy products in emerging markets has been underlined by the latest data on the largest companies in the industry....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Danone denies strategy overhaul
- On the money: Unilever shifting into growth spots
- Comment: Danone could be mulling strategy shift
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier sales slide but trading profit improves
- Unilever sees lacklustre H1 food sales