Blog: Ooh, those crazeeeee yanks
Catherine Sleep | 14 November 2006
Let me share a little story with you, a tale of unthinking wastefulness. My husband was working in Texas recently and stayed in a serviced apartment. Coming home from a meeting he looked for the water glass he’d left by his bed and couldn’t find it, so rooted around the kitchenette, also to no avail.
He finally located it – in the dishwasher, which had been run just to wash ONE WATER GLASS. Sometimes, I fear the message about our dwindling environmental resources has not got through.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea