Blog: Pancake ban leaves us flippin' mad
Dean Best | 5 February 2008
Today (5 February) is Shrove Tuesday, an excuse for a pile of pancakes when you get home after work.
The recipe in the Best household always involves chocolate, in some form.
Alas, however, the omnipresent health and safety brigade has barred a section of England from marking the day.
A pancake race in North Yorkshire has been cancelled due to health and safety regulations, according to the BBC.
Organisers have blamed the amount of risk assessments that needed to be carried out before the event, in which children take part.
Decisions like this always provoke a resigned sigh. What danger can children do to themselves in a pancake race?
Surely, running around with a frying pan is safer than running around with every child’s current favourite accessory – a handgun.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016