Blog: Pancake ban leaves us flippin' mad
Dean Best | 5 February 2008
Today (5 February) is Shrove Tuesday, an excuse for a pile of pancakes when you get home after work.
The recipe in the Best household always involves chocolate, in some form.
Alas, however, the omnipresent health and safety brigade has barred a section of England from marking the day.
A pancake race in North Yorkshire has been cancelled due to health and safety regulations, according to the BBC.
Organisers have blamed the amount of risk assessments that needed to be carried out before the event, in which children take part.
Decisions like this always provoke a resigned sigh. What danger can children do to themselves in a pancake race?
Surely, running around with a frying pan is safer than running around with every child’s current favourite accessory – a handgun.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review