Blog: Patrick Holford and Wikipedia
Catherine Sleep | 9 January 2007
It’s just not cool to anonymously edit your own Wikipedia page, but it looks like cronies of übernutritionist Patrick Holford have done just that. For the as yet uninitiated, Wikipedia is an open-access online encyclopedia that can be edited by anyone. Its strength lies in the goodwill of those who edit it, and over the years it’s become a fantastically useful tool.
The trouble is, if you don’t like what someone’s written about you, it can be tempting to log on and sort it out. There’s a procedure for doing this, and it is based on people justifying changes they wish to make, and discussing them, while logged on under their own name. It seems some people fail to understand the rules; some criticism of Patrick Holford which questioned his credibility was mysteriously deleted by a user who later turned out to be his PR agent, based at Fuel PR. It’s not illegal, but it’s not cricket either. Let’s hope someone has explained to the PR how to promote the interests of his client in a more sophisticated way.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements