Blog: PepsiCo places PR chips on Doritos campaign
Dean Best | 10 July 2009
PepsiCo is at it again.
Just weeks after it announced the winner of its competition to create a new flavour fo its Walkers snack range in the UK, the US food giant is hoping to re-create the PR success of that campaign with the launch of a push behind its Doritos brand.
Today (10 July), PepsiCo unveiled the "iD3" promotion for Doritos, in which consumers will be asked to guess the mystery flavour now on sale.
Each bag carries a unique code that will enable consumers to log on to www.doritos.co.uk/id3 and guess the flavour.
Those who enter have a chance to win GBP20,000, while an online game gives punters the opportunity to win prizes including mobile phones, laptops and games consoles.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review