Blog: PepsiCo places PR chips on Doritos campaign
Dean Best | 10 July 2009
PepsiCo is at it again.
Just weeks after it announced the winner of its competition to create a new flavour fo its Walkers snack range in the UK, the US food giant is hoping to re-create the PR success of that campaign with the launch of a push behind its Doritos brand.
Today (10 July), PepsiCo unveiled the "iD3" promotion for Doritos, in which consumers will be asked to guess the mystery flavour now on sale.
Each bag carries a unique code that will enable consumers to log on to www.doritos.co.uk/id3 and guess the flavour.
Those who enter have a chance to win GBP20,000, while an online game gives punters the opportunity to win prizes including mobile phones, laptops and games consoles.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever