Blog: PepsiCo places PR chips on Doritos campaign
Dean Best | 10 July 2009
PepsiCo is at it again.
Just weeks after it announced the winner of its competition to create a new flavour fo its Walkers snack range in the UK, the US food giant is hoping to re-create the PR success of that campaign with the launch of a push behind its Doritos brand.
Today (10 July), PepsiCo unveiled the "iD3" promotion for Doritos, in which consumers will be asked to guess the mystery flavour now on sale.
Each bag carries a unique code that will enable consumers to log on to www.doritos.co.uk/id3 and guess the flavour.
Those who enter have a chance to win GBP20,000, while an online game gives punters the opportunity to win prizes including mobile phones, laptops and games consoles.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund