Blog: Ping a pizza
Catherine Sleep | 25 July 2006
Domino’s Pizza recently announced a robust rise in first half profits. No surprises there. What did interest me, however, was the news that e-commerce sales rose nearly 50% in the half-year to account for 12.3% of the company’s delivered sales in the UK.
It’s a funny old world. To me, it’s just so easy to pick up the phone if I want to order something as straightforward as a takeaway that I wouldn’t bother cranking up the computer. Unless it was already on, I suppose. Perhaps this news from Domino says as much about the prevalence of always-on Broadband as it does about personal preferences for communicating with local restaurants.
Goodness, what with MSN and SMS, soon we won’t actually have to talk to anyone. Ever again. Even the dabbawallas are at it, after all.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea