Blog: Ping a pizza
Catherine Sleep | 25 July 2006
Domino’s Pizza recently announced a robust rise in first half profits. No surprises there. What did interest me, however, was the news that e-commerce sales rose nearly 50% in the half-year to account for 12.3% of the company’s delivered sales in the UK.
It’s a funny old world. To me, it’s just so easy to pick up the phone if I want to order something as straightforward as a takeaway that I wouldn’t bother cranking up the computer. Unless it was already on, I suppose. Perhaps this news from Domino says as much about the prevalence of always-on Broadband as it does about personal preferences for communicating with local restaurants.
Goodness, what with MSN and SMS, soon we won’t actually have to talk to anyone. Ever again. Even the dabbawallas are at it, after all.
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Gen Mills uses NPD, renovation to heat soup sales
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities