Blog: Premier and Loyd Grossman aim to hit the right note
Dean Best | 17 June 2010
Loyd Grossman's annual grocery sales stand at GBP56m
From korma to carbonara, world cuisine is big business in the UK grocery sector.
And this morning (17 June), just-food travelled to St Albans, a few miles north of London, to hear what plans the country's largest food manufacturer had for the category.
Premier Foods, which owns the ethnic cuisine brand Sharwoods, laid out its plans for its more upmarket Loyd Grossman range.
Due to an embargo being rather quaintly placed on the news, unfortunately we cannot report on Premier's plans until the weekend.
However, Loyd Grossman himself was present to wax lyrical about the developments for his namesake brand - as well as tell just-food about his band The New Forbidden ... and their upcoming set at Glastonbury.
For all you Glastonbury goers, Loyd's band is on at the Avalon Cafe on Monday morning (28 June) at 1.30am.
I am heading down to the festival - in a personal capacity - so perhaps I'll stumble upon The New Forbidden's set.
We will, however, be covering Loyd's latest moves with Premier on Saturday, so stay tuned for that.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review