Blog: Premier and Loyd Grossman aim to hit the right note
Dean Best | 17 June 2010
Loyd Grossman's annual grocery sales stand at GBP56m
From korma to carbonara, world cuisine is big business in the UK grocery sector.
And this morning (17 June), just-food travelled to St Albans, a few miles north of London, to hear what plans the country's largest food manufacturer had for the category.
Premier Foods, which owns the ethnic cuisine brand Sharwoods, laid out its plans for its more upmarket Loyd Grossman range.
Due to an embargo being rather quaintly placed on the news, unfortunately we cannot report on Premier's plans until the weekend.
However, Loyd Grossman himself was present to wax lyrical about the developments for his namesake brand - as well as tell just-food about his band The New Forbidden ... and their upcoming set at Glastonbury.
For all you Glastonbury goers, Loyd's band is on at the Avalon Cafe on Monday morning (28 June) at 1.30am.
I am heading down to the festival - in a personal capacity - so perhaps I'll stumble upon The New Forbidden's set.
We will, however, be covering Loyd's latest moves with Premier on Saturday, so stay tuned for that.
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review