Blog: Premier to get turnaround advice
Dean Best | 1 November 2011
Michael Clarke's first management reshuffle as Premier Foods chief executive has included the appointment of a member of the UK Institute for Turnaround.
Iwan Williams, a former McCormick & Co. and Coca-Cola Co. executive, is set to lead Premier's bakery business, which includes brands like Hovis and its loss-making own-label unit Brookes Avana.
Williams will join from financial consultants Ambre Partners. However, he is also a member of the UK Institute for Turnaround. The organisation says it is "dedicated to helping businesses achieve their potential in circumstances that may be difficult or where profound and radical change is required".
Clarke's reshuffle also sees the appointment of former Northern Foods executive Graham Hunter, who will lead Premier's grocery business. Both Williams and Hunter will report to Clarke in a new-look structure.
The changes mean Premier COO Tim Kelly will leave the company, a further indication that Clarke is making his mark at the UK's largest food manufacturer. However, such are the challenges at the company that, in the words of the Institute for Turnaround, more "profound and radical change" will be needed.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review