Blog: Prince Charles knows his onions
Catherine Sleep | 1 November 2004
I once heard Prince Charles speak, at the launch of a Business in the Community project on local sourcing. I was impressed at the depth of his knowledge of the issues that face farmers, retailers and shoppers and by his apparent fervour.
He recently spoke at the Slow Food Salone del Gusto in Turin, Italy, and again he conveyed his knowledge of agriculture and the issues surrounding sustainable food production. You can see his speech by following the hyperlink below. Given that Charles could be King one day, it is promising that he knows so much about the industry we work in.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target