Blog: Put our review under review
Dean Best | 20 December 2007
It’s been a fascinating first year in the food industry. When I joined just-food in April, I quickly realised that the scale, size and importance of the industry dwarfed my previous beat in beverage alcohol.
It’s been an enjoyable eight months and I look forward – after a well-earned rest and a bit of turkey – to what awaits us in 2008.
But, as we head into Christmas, I’ve put together a short just-food review of 2007 – and I’m interested to hear your thoughts. Who had a good year? And who should take a deep breath, put the 2007 behind them and see 2008 as a fresh start?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review