Blog: Put our review under review
Dean Best | 20 December 2007
It’s been a fascinating first year in the food industry. When I joined just-food in April, I quickly realised that the scale, size and importance of the industry dwarfed my previous beat in beverage alcohol.
It’s been an enjoyable eight months and I look forward – after a well-earned rest and a bit of turkey – to what awaits us in 2008.
But, as we head into Christmas, I’ve put together a short just-food review of 2007 – and I’m interested to hear your thoughts. Who had a good year? And who should take a deep breath, put the 2007 behind them and see 2008 as a fresh start?
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund