Blog: Put our review under review
Dean Best | 20 December 2007
It’s been a fascinating first year in the food industry. When I joined just-food in April, I quickly realised that the scale, size and importance of the industry dwarfed my previous beat in beverage alcohol.
It’s been an enjoyable eight months and I look forward – after a well-earned rest and a bit of turkey – to what awaits us in 2008.
But, as we head into Christmas, I’ve put together a short just-food review of 2007 – and I’m interested to hear your thoughts. Who had a good year? And who should take a deep breath, put the 2007 behind them and see 2008 as a fresh start?
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action