Blog: Quaker leaves Radcliffe standing
Catherine Sleep | 7 September 2004
Troubled UK marathon runner Paula Radcliffe is reported to have been dumped from a planned promotion campaign for US cereal maker Quaker Oats after she crashed out of both her Olympic races.
The slogan planned for the campaign was that the Oatso Simple cereal “helps you go the distance,” so one can see why Radcliffe suddenly doesn’t fit the bill quite so neatly as she did a month ago.
The Pepsi subsidiary is reported as stating that it had shelved the campaign before Radcliffe’s disastrous performance in Athens; a likely story.
Doubtless it will all be very different for double gold medal-winning sprinter Kelly Holmes as companies queue up to throw cash at the country’s most marketable new sporting hero. And good for her. She’s struggled financially for years; let her enjoy the fruits of her well-earned success.
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival