Blog: Quote of the week
Catherine Sleep | 18 October 2004
National Confectioners Association spokeswoman Susan Smith: "I think for the last few years the emphasis on candy has been its role as a snack."
As opposed to what, exactly?
Thanks to just-food freelancer Bernice Hurst for spotting this gem in the Washington Times.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs