Blog: Real Good Food Co. confident on trading ahead
Michelle Russell | 12 September 2013
It has been less than three months since UK sugar-to-ingredients group The Real Good Food Co published its full-year earnings results and the company appears equally as confident on its year ahead.
The diversified food group is set to hold its AGM in London today (12 September), where chairman Pieter Totté is expected to give an update on the board's expectations for the year ahead.
In June, the company booked a jump in full-year earnings accompanied by a "modest" increase in revenue. This looks set to be a repeat performance in the firm's next fiscal year with trading in the first half already in line with expectations, Totté will to confirm today.
RGFC has been busy investing in growth over the last 12 months or so. The owner of Napier Brown, Europe's biggest non-refining sugar distributor, has been focusing on three initiatives: investing in its sugar handling hub, set to be operational in the next quarter; focusing on its brands, including gaining new listings for its Whitworths brand; implementing retail strategy for its R&W Scott's bakery ingredients unit; and establishing a presence in Europe and the US for its Renshaw's bakery unit also.
Totté is expected to tell investors: "Underpinning all of this, I am continuing to drive the businesses to be more market-led, investing further in sales and marketing management to help realize the growth opportunities faster and more effectively."
Check back on the site for just-food's interview with Totté from the firm's AGM.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review