Blog: Reggae Reggae sauce to make UK TV debut
Michelle Russell | 16 April 2012
The man behind Reggae Reggae sauce, Levi Roots, has been busy since his appearance with his sauce on UK reality programme for inventors Dragon's Den in 2007.
Since securing a GBP500,000 (US$792,000) investment for the set-up of the brand from the programme's investors, the brand has been expanded into categories including ready meals, snacks and soft drinks.
It seems Roots is keen to capitalise on the success of Reggae Reggae sauce and is launching his first TV advertisement for the brand.
Teaming up with Wallace & Gromit creators Aardman Animations, the advert will feature an animated version of Roots cooking a barbeque in the back garden of a house in Brixton, singing the "It's so nice I had to name it twice" Reggae Reggae Sauce song. It will run from May through to August.
The GBP2m campaign will launch on ITV, and will also roll out in the cinema, as well as PR, online amplification, in-store POS and sampling.
Click here to view the television advert through creative agency JWT London's website.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review