Blog: Reggae Reggae sauce to make UK TV debut
Michelle Russell | 16 April 2012
The man behind Reggae Reggae sauce, Levi Roots, has been busy since his appearance with his sauce on UK reality programme for inventors Dragon's Den in 2007.
Since securing a GBP500,000 (US$792,000) investment for the set-up of the brand from the programme's investors, the brand has been expanded into categories including ready meals, snacks and soft drinks.
It seems Roots is keen to capitalise on the success of Reggae Reggae sauce and is launching his first TV advertisement for the brand.
Teaming up with Wallace & Gromit creators Aardman Animations, the advert will feature an animated version of Roots cooking a barbeque in the back garden of a house in Brixton, singing the "It's so nice I had to name it twice" Reggae Reggae Sauce song. It will run from May through to August.
The GBP2m campaign will launch on ITV, and will also roll out in the cinema, as well as PR, online amplification, in-store POS and sampling.
Click here to view the television advert through creative agency JWT London's website.
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020