Blog: Research trip
Catherine Sleep | 26 May 2004
Well, not really, although obviously I will be eating. I’m off to Northern Cyprus to spend ten days wallowing in antiquities, sunshine and Mediterranean delicacies, so I leave you in the capable hands of just-food.com news editor Kate Barker.
For those of you who don’t subscribe to my weekly newsletter, I just wanted to share with you the arrival of a new contributor, Matthew Brace.
Although just-food.com is based in a little town in the Midlands of Great Britain, we try hard to achieve a global outlook and keep you up to date with food industry developments around the world. To help us with this we rely on a vast network of stringers in different countries who turn to us first when they get wind of an interesting turn of events on their patch. Matthew Brace has just started flying the just-food flag in Australia. Matthew’s first feature for us is the current feature of the week, so make sure you check it out.
Missing you already…
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"