Blog: Retailer seeks interesting brand extension
Petah Marian | 1 February 2011
Supermarket w/ GSOH seeks DTE someone w/ SI to meet IRL. Well at least that's the impression that Asda is conveying today with the launch of its online dating site today (1 February).
Lonely hearts will be able to find a partner using a system developed by UKDating, a company that creates dating solutions.
The grocery retailer said it launched the site after a survey of 10,000 customers showed that 71% of men and 64% of women look for a partner in their local supermarket before anywhere else.
While highlighting the usual dating preferences, the site will match you with partners based on your food preferences.
The move may come close to being the strangest brand extension by a UK grocery retailer, joining Tesco, which offers weight-loss retreats in Ireland.
* For dating site novices GSOH - Good sense of humour, DTE - Down to earth, SI - Similar interests, IRL - In real life
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities