Blog: Retailer seeks interesting brand extension
Petah Marian | 1 February 2011
Supermarket w/ GSOH seeks DTE someone w/ SI to meet IRL. Well at least that's the impression that Asda is conveying today with the launch of its online dating site today (1 February).
Lonely hearts will be able to find a partner using a system developed by UKDating, a company that creates dating solutions.
The grocery retailer said it launched the site after a survey of 10,000 customers showed that 71% of men and 64% of women look for a partner in their local supermarket before anywhere else.
While highlighting the usual dating preferences, the site will match you with partners based on your food preferences.
The move may come close to being the strangest brand extension by a UK grocery retailer, joining Tesco, which offers weight-loss retreats in Ireland.
* For dating site novices GSOH - Good sense of humour, DTE - Down to earth, SI - Similar interests, IRL - In real life
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
An update on Amazon's plans for the grocery sector. The usually reticent retailer has this week poured cold water on claims it has plans for 2,000 physical grocery stores....
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Chocolate (Confectionery) Market in Belgium - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020