Blog: Rumour mill over United Biscuits snacks unit interest continues
Michelle Russell | 8 October 2012
Reports have surfaced once again that United Biscuits has attracted more bidders for its salty snacks division.
The company declined to comment on reports this morning (8 October) the unit might be sold to a Russian-British private equity firm in a GBP450m auction.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Pamplona Capital Management is a favourite to win the bid, although the company did not return comment at the time of going to press.
United Biscuits also declined to comment on the reports.
Pamplona is one of a number of companies reported to be preparing bids for the division, which has brands such as Hula Hoops, KP Nuts and Skips.
Last week, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was reported to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for the salty snacks business of United Biscuits.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food last month that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
The spokesperson said there had been "a good level of interest" for the business but declined to comment on who the recipients were.
It is understood the deadline for bids is tomorrow.
Wow. Your correspondent is penning this blog following precious little sleep after the combination of a humid night in London and the emergence of the most significant event in UK history since 1945 m...
The last three Unilever CEOs have joined present chief executive Paul Polman in writing to the company's staff to warn the group's UK operations would be "negatively impacted" by the country leaving t...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Mars takes UK chocolate brands into trail mixes
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights