Blog: Rumour mill over United Biscuits snacks unit interest continues
Michelle Russell | 8 October 2012
Reports have surfaced once again that United Biscuits has attracted more bidders for its salty snacks division.
The company declined to comment on reports this morning (8 October) the unit might be sold to a Russian-British private equity firm in a GBP450m auction.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Pamplona Capital Management is a favourite to win the bid, although the company did not return comment at the time of going to press.
United Biscuits also declined to comment on the reports.
Pamplona is one of a number of companies reported to be preparing bids for the division, which has brands such as Hula Hoops, KP Nuts and Skips.
Last week, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was reported to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for the salty snacks business of United Biscuits.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food last month that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
The spokesperson said there had been "a good level of interest" for the business but declined to comment on who the recipients were.
It is understood the deadline for bids is tomorrow.
just-food is downing tools for the public holiday in England and Wales on Monday 31 August. We'll be back at our desks on Tuesday 1 September....
Heinz's flagship product has provoked the ire of a competitor in Israel, a story that has attracted headlines in the international mainstream media. But even after making a change to the labels, a bot...
A lawsuit tabled in the US has brought fresh attention to the supply chain for prawns, which hit headlines around the world last year amid claims of slavery....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020