Blog: Rumour mill over United Biscuits snacks unit interest continues
Michelle Russell | 8 October 2012
Reports have surfaced once again that United Biscuits has attracted more bidders for its salty snacks division.
The company declined to comment on reports this morning (8 October) the unit might be sold to a Russian-British private equity firm in a GBP450m auction.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Pamplona Capital Management is a favourite to win the bid, although the company did not return comment at the time of going to press.
United Biscuits also declined to comment on the reports.
Pamplona is one of a number of companies reported to be preparing bids for the division, which has brands such as Hula Hoops, KP Nuts and Skips.
Last week, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was reported to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for the salty snacks business of United Biscuits.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food last month that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
The spokesperson said there had been "a good level of interest" for the business but declined to comment on who the recipients were.
It is understood the deadline for bids is tomorrow.
US fans of British chocolate imports have taken to social media to vent their frustration after Hershey earlier this week reached a settlement with an importer to stop distributing British-made candy ...
Ads are commonly a bone of contention in this industry, with food manufacturers regularly coming under fire for what they believe is creative use of media. ...
Singapore-based agribusiness giant Wilmar International is to publish more information on how it sources its palm oil, a move welcomed by environmentalists....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report