Blog: Rumour mill over United Biscuits snacks unit interest continues
Michelle Russell | 8 October 2012
Reports have surfaced once again that United Biscuits has attracted more bidders for its salty snacks division.
The company declined to comment on reports this morning (8 October) the unit might be sold to a Russian-British private equity firm in a GBP450m auction.
Reports emerged over the weekend that Pamplona Capital Management is a favourite to win the bid, although the company did not return comment at the time of going to press.
United Biscuits also declined to comment on the reports.
Pamplona is one of a number of companies reported to be preparing bids for the division, which has brands such as Hula Hoops, KP Nuts and Skips.
Last week, former Tesco boss Sir Terry Leahy was reported to be leading a bid by private equity firm Clayton Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) for the salty snacks business of United Biscuits.
A spokesperson for United Biscuits confirmed to just-food last month that it was "actively trying to sell the KP snacks business" and that documentation giving details of the business had been sent to potential purchasers.
The spokesperson said there had been "a good level of interest" for the business but declined to comment on who the recipients were.
It is understood the deadline for bids is tomorrow.
Unilever today (5 May) published news on the progress it is making on its ten-year programme to double in size while reducing its impact on the environment - and claimed its efforts were becoming an e...
The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) has warned lower maize harvests in Africa could "trigger food price increases"....
Home baking category sales have had something of a roller coaster ride in recent years. ...
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- just the answer: Gardein founder Yves Potvin
- Analysis: Quality, innovation driving Chinese milk
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Kellogg CEO: sales trends are improving
- Finsbury buys Johnstone's Just Desserts
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- General Mills cuts Yoplait sugar by 25%
- Dean Foods brings milk brands under single label
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Consumer and Market Insights: Confectionery Market in the UK
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019