Blog: Russia Turkey sanctions - food said to be involved
Dean Best | 30 November 2015
Putin has issued sanctions against Turkey
The Kremlin has formally outlined the sanctions Moscow is imposing on Turkey after a Russian fighter jet was shot down last week and, although specific details on the goods to be blocked has yet to be announced, food items are reportedly involved.
Vladimir Putin imposed a series of economic sanctions against Turkey at the weekend, with the measures including restrictions on unspecified imports
Moscow has yet to publish a list of the goods Turkey will not be able to export to Russia but reports today suggested food is to be affected.
Russia will ban vegetables and fruits from Turkey, Reuters reported, quoting senior government officials.
However, Russian deputy prime minister Arkady Dvorkovich has said Moscow may delay the introduction of restrictions to ease inflation in the country, which stands at over 15%.
Russia's inflation has in part been fuelled by Moscow's ban on a range of foodstuffs from markets including the US, the EU and Australia over the Ukraine crisis.
Meanwhile, a separate report from Reuters said over 1,200 trucks from Turkey carrying unspecified products have been blocked from entering the country.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review