Blog: Sainsbury reveals more of Fresh Kitchen in Twinterview
Petah Marian | 18 January 2011
Sainsbury's has revealed more detail around its new Fresh Kitchen concept
Sainsbury's revealed more detail around its new Fresh Kitchen concept in a 'Twinterview' today, that is, an interview held over the social media platform, Twitter.
The great thing about such formats as they allow you to be selective about what you answer, so unfortunately we weren't able to get any depth on the retailer's plans to roll out the concept beyond its Fleet street outlet.
When faced with questions about its plans, it said that "We've only been open four days and are not in a position to talk about future plans".
Some of those participating did wonder "what we're all doing here then if Sainsbury's can't talk about the future plans of Fresh Kitchen".
However, the retailer did reveal that it spoke to a "big cross-section of customers to understand their lunchtime needs", that the lunchtime market is worth over GBP13bn and that it will consider making office deliveries "if the demand is there".
The retailer added that the stores are a "stand-alone concept", which are different from its in-store cafe. It said the stores offer the reassurance of "our values and a clear distinction from our supermarkets".
The majority of food is prepared daily in-store and includes sandwiches, salads and hot food.
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report