Blog: Sainsbury's latest Brand Match ad hits UK screens
Michelle Russell | 12 September 2012
UK retailer Sainsbury's has launched its latest television advertisement for its Brand Match scheme that takes a swipe at rivals Asda and Tesco.
The advert, which will air this evening (12 September), is "strongly weighted towards reinforcing the message that customers won't pay more for branded goods at Sainsbury's than they would at Asda and Tesco", the retailer said.
The ad features a mother and daughter returning home from their weekly Sainsbury's shop and driving past both Asda and Tesco stores, before posting their Brand Match voucher - which compares the price of their shop against both chains - on their fridge.
"This is the next step in making sure that Brand Match is the most widely recognised and trusted price matching scheme by UK customers", said Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury's.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth