Blog: Sainsbury's latest Brand Match ad hits UK screens
Michelle Russell | 12 September 2012
UK retailer Sainsbury's has launched its latest television advertisement for its Brand Match scheme that takes a swipe at rivals Asda and Tesco.
The advert, which will air this evening (12 September), is "strongly weighted towards reinforcing the message that customers won't pay more for branded goods at Sainsbury's than they would at Asda and Tesco", the retailer said.
The ad features a mother and daughter returning home from their weekly Sainsbury's shop and driving past both Asda and Tesco stores, before posting their Brand Match voucher - which compares the price of their shop against both chains - on their fridge.
"This is the next step in making sure that Brand Match is the most widely recognised and trusted price matching scheme by UK customers", said Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury's.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations