Blog: Sainsbury's latest Brand Match ad hits UK screens
Michelle Russell | 12 September 2012
UK retailer Sainsbury's has launched its latest television advertisement for its Brand Match scheme that takes a swipe at rivals Asda and Tesco.
The advert, which will air this evening (12 September), is "strongly weighted towards reinforcing the message that customers won't pay more for branded goods at Sainsbury's than they would at Asda and Tesco", the retailer said.
The ad features a mother and daughter returning home from their weekly Sainsbury's shop and driving past both Asda and Tesco stores, before posting their Brand Match voucher - which compares the price of their shop against both chains - on their fridge.
"This is the next step in making sure that Brand Match is the most widely recognised and trusted price matching scheme by UK customers", said Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury's.
UK consumers are being urged to think of other ways to use their jack-o-lanterns and cut the millions of tonnes of pumpkin that is wasted at this time of year....
A new report by the Soil Association has highlighted a lack of healthy lunch options at the cafes of some of the UK's most prestigious visitor attractions....
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Pladis stepping up growth investments
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report