Blog: Sainsbury's latest Brand Match ad hits UK screens
Michelle Russell | 12 September 2012
UK retailer Sainsbury's has launched its latest television advertisement for its Brand Match scheme that takes a swipe at rivals Asda and Tesco.
The advert, which will air this evening (12 September), is "strongly weighted towards reinforcing the message that customers won't pay more for branded goods at Sainsbury's than they would at Asda and Tesco", the retailer said.
The ad features a mother and daughter returning home from their weekly Sainsbury's shop and driving past both Asda and Tesco stores, before posting their Brand Match voucher - which compares the price of their shop against both chains - on their fridge.
"This is the next step in making sure that Brand Match is the most widely recognised and trusted price matching scheme by UK customers", said Sarah Warby, marketing director for Sainsbury's.
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report