Blog: Say cheese!
Catherine Sleep | 10 August 2006
It’s every wage slave’s dream – and every employer’s nightmare. “It could be you…..”, but it wasn’t you, it was them instead. ‘Them’ being 100 of your employees. ‘It’ being a major lottery win that will leave each member of a syndicate formed at Wisconsin-based Sargento Cheese at least half a million dollars the richer.
The winners are of different ages and do a variety of jobs, such as cutting and shredding cheese, loading trucks and performing maintenance. Their average salaries are reported to range between $30,000 and $50,000 a year.
So there’s no doubt that each slice of the Powerball jackpot is a life-changing amount of money. At the moment we’re hearing lots about how people are intending to carry right on working. But some will give up, and Sargento would be wise to crack on with a recruitment drive sooner rather than later.
What a great way to win the lottery though, along with scores of your friends and colleagues. And if that sounds cheesy, well, so be it.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016