Blog: Searching for innovation in ingredients
Dean Best | 15 November 2010
Off to Gatwick for a flight down to Madrid in preparation for this year's Health Ingredients Europe expo, which kicks off in Madrid tomorrow.
Health and wellness is a trend that has held firm despite the downturn. Consumers may at times prioritise value but they are more aware of what constitutes a good diet and are continuing to demand healthier products.
The threat of regulatory pressure from governments aware of the social and economic cost of obesity is a significant factor in manufacturers' moves to improve their product recipes but consumer demand also plays its part: shoppers are taking to low-salt and low-sugar offerings.
As such, manufacturers are demanding ever more of their ingredient suppliers. just-food is heading to Madrid to find out more about the demands on ingredient firms, the products they hope will win over their customers and the trends they see shaping health and wellness during the rest of the decade and beyond.
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
Much of the UK has felt the impact of Storm Doris today - and just-food's head office has been no exception....
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations