Blog: Searching for innovation in ingredients
Dean Best | 15 November 2010
Off to Gatwick for a flight down to Madrid in preparation for this year's Health Ingredients Europe expo, which kicks off in Madrid tomorrow.
Health and wellness is a trend that has held firm despite the downturn. Consumers may at times prioritise value but they are more aware of what constitutes a good diet and are continuing to demand healthier products.
The threat of regulatory pressure from governments aware of the social and economic cost of obesity is a significant factor in manufacturers' moves to improve their product recipes but consumer demand also plays its part: shoppers are taking to low-salt and low-sugar offerings.
As such, manufacturers are demanding ever more of their ingredient suppliers. just-food is heading to Madrid to find out more about the demands on ingredient firms, the products they hope will win over their customers and the trends they see shaping health and wellness during the rest of the decade and beyond.
Ask any FMCG executive to list the trends shaking up the sector and digital and e-commerce will be pretty high on the list. Drill down into that and Amazon will be one of the subjects in the digital s...
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group