Blog: Searching for innovation in ingredients
Dean Best | 15 November 2010
Off to Gatwick for a flight down to Madrid in preparation for this year's Health Ingredients Europe expo, which kicks off in Madrid tomorrow.
Health and wellness is a trend that has held firm despite the downturn. Consumers may at times prioritise value but they are more aware of what constitutes a good diet and are continuing to demand healthier products.
The threat of regulatory pressure from governments aware of the social and economic cost of obesity is a significant factor in manufacturers' moves to improve their product recipes but consumer demand also plays its part: shoppers are taking to low-salt and low-sugar offerings.
As such, manufacturers are demanding ever more of their ingredient suppliers. just-food is heading to Madrid to find out more about the demands on ingredient firms, the products they hope will win over their customers and the trends they see shaping health and wellness during the rest of the decade and beyond.
Danone completed its US$12.5bn acquisition of WhiteWave Foods this week. The move will roughly double Danone's presence in North America, where WhiteWave is a top four dairy player. ...
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill