Blog: Searching for innovation in ingredients
Dean Best | 15 November 2010
Off to Gatwick for a flight down to Madrid in preparation for this year's Health Ingredients Europe expo, which kicks off in Madrid tomorrow.
Health and wellness is a trend that has held firm despite the downturn. Consumers may at times prioritise value but they are more aware of what constitutes a good diet and are continuing to demand healthier products.
The threat of regulatory pressure from governments aware of the social and economic cost of obesity is a significant factor in manufacturers' moves to improve their product recipes but consumer demand also plays its part: shoppers are taking to low-salt and low-sugar offerings.
As such, manufacturers are demanding ever more of their ingredient suppliers. just-food is heading to Madrid to find out more about the demands on ingredient firms, the products they hope will win over their customers and the trends they see shaping health and wellness during the rest of the decade and beyond.
A year after union officials alleged Fyffes abused workers on plantations in Central America - and called on the produce giant to be kicked out of the Ethical Trading Initiative forum - the company is...
Much of the chatter about where 3G Capital could look next has centred on packaged food - but might the private-equity fund be about to extend its foodservice empire?...
Headlines that Mead Johnson's board has backed Reckitt Benckiser's takeover bid will no doubt overshadow the other news on the group this week – that it is facing a US lawsuit from a “whistle blower” ...
Kantar Worldpanel issued its monthly supermarket share data in the UK this morning - and the numbers showed a change in the identity of the country's top five food retailers....
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China