Blog: Searching for innovation in ingredients
Dean Best | 15 November 2010
Off to Gatwick for a flight down to Madrid in preparation for this year's Health Ingredients Europe expo, which kicks off in Madrid tomorrow.
Health and wellness is a trend that has held firm despite the downturn. Consumers may at times prioritise value but they are more aware of what constitutes a good diet and are continuing to demand healthier products.
The threat of regulatory pressure from governments aware of the social and economic cost of obesity is a significant factor in manufacturers' moves to improve their product recipes but consumer demand also plays its part: shoppers are taking to low-salt and low-sugar offerings.
As such, manufacturers are demanding ever more of their ingredient suppliers. just-food is heading to Madrid to find out more about the demands on ingredient firms, the products they hope will win over their customers and the trends they see shaping health and wellness during the rest of the decade and beyond.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
The plethora of food manufacturing associations in the UK has been argued by some to be an impediment to the industry coming to a coherent position on the aftermath of Brexit and on what the sector sh...
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target