Blog: Seven key questions for day one at the World Retail Congress
Dean Best | 19 September 2012
1. How does Tesco CEO Philip Clarke, a man facing his own challenges in the UK, believe retailers can eke growth in the toughest economic conditions for a generation?
2. How should multinational retailers look to adapt to eking out growth in the mature markets of the West but ensuring they get their share of the rewards in faster-growing markets?
3. Should retailers operating in the faster-growing economies look to build in local marketing strategies into their offer?
4. What impact is the shift - in both mature and emerging markets - to e-commerce having on traditional physical stores?
5. What is the short-term outlook for India? Will reform of rules on foreign investment be implemented? Will the plans again be stymied by local opposition?
6. What are the new concepts and formats that are transforming the retail sector?
7. How should retailers exploit the rise of the mobile and digital shopper?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities