Blog: Seven key questions for day one at the World Retail Congress
Dean Best | 19 September 2012
1. How does Tesco CEO Philip Clarke, a man facing his own challenges in the UK, believe retailers can eke growth in the toughest economic conditions for a generation?
2. How should multinational retailers look to adapt to eking out growth in the mature markets of the West but ensuring they get their share of the rewards in faster-growing markets?
3. Should retailers operating in the faster-growing economies look to build in local marketing strategies into their offer?
4. What impact is the shift - in both mature and emerging markets - to e-commerce having on traditional physical stores?
5. What is the short-term outlook for India? Will reform of rules on foreign investment be implemented? Will the plans again be stymied by local opposition?
6. What are the new concepts and formats that are transforming the retail sector?
7. How should retailers exploit the rise of the mobile and digital shopper?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review