Blog: Shouldn't we have 365 Earth Days a year?
Dean Best | 22 April 2008
Today (22 April), apparently, is Earth Day.
The brainchild of a US politician, Earth Day is held each year on 22 April to boost awareness of environmental issues in the US and in a clutch of countries around the world.
It seems, however, that the event is bigger news in the US and Canada, where companies of all shapes and sizes have jostled to get news of their “green” initiatives out to the wider public.
Food retailers seem to trying to outdo each other in a bid to push their environmental credentials and capture what some see as the ever-more lucrative green dollar - and long may that competition continue.
However, environmental issues have been in the food industry spotlight for months; isn’t it time that retailers showed a little more imagination than a bag for life?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review