Blog: Shouldn't we have 365 Earth Days a year?
Dean Best | 22 April 2008
Today (22 April), apparently, is Earth Day.
The brainchild of a US politician, Earth Day is held each year on 22 April to boost awareness of environmental issues in the US and in a clutch of countries around the world.
It seems, however, that the event is bigger news in the US and Canada, where companies of all shapes and sizes have jostled to get news of their “green” initiatives out to the wider public.
Food retailers seem to trying to outdo each other in a bid to push their environmental credentials and capture what some see as the ever-more lucrative green dollar - and long may that competition continue.
However, environmental issues have been in the food industry spotlight for months; isn’t it time that retailers showed a little more imagination than a bag for life?
We hear a lot in the food industry about two interconnected trends: and social media and “foodie” culture....
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- Investors urge company action on meat production
- Nature’s Path takes majority stake in Gorilly Good
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020