Blog: Snake found in cereal
Catherine Sleep | 4 May 2005
First there was the poisonous spider found hiding in a bag of grapes, then came the severed finger in a fastfood meal. And now a five-year-old boy has found a two-foot-long snake in a box of cereal.
According to reports, the boy’s parents had bought the “Golden Puffs” box of cereal from a Netto store in Telford. Netto is apparently reviewing its safety procedures and checking with suppliers to find out how the harmless corn snake ended up on the breakfast table.
Today (23 December) is just-food's last day before closing for Christmas. We'll return, raring to go on Tuesday 3 January - but of course there's been plenty of top-notch content that has gone live in...
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs