Blog: Someone's luck is in at Premier
Dean Best | 12 October 2011
Shares in Premier Foods, the UK's largest food manufacturer, fell again today (12 October), the latest slump in the company's stock after its profit warning last week. However, there is some good news within the business.
Premier's shares stood at 4.1p at 14:13 BST this afternoon, a fall that followed Friday's tumble, when the company said its annual profits would be below market expectations.
News of the latest drop in Premier's shares reached just-food at Anuga, the international trade show in Cologne.
just-food understands that Premier's key suppliers are set to meet the company's management, including new chief executive Michael Clarke, at a conference in the coming days. It should make for an interesting meeting, with suppliers likely to be concerned about the company's future.
However, one person connected to Premier is feeling happy this morning. Reports in the UK say that Dave Dawes, the latest Euromillions lottery winner, is a shift supervisor at Premier.
With his GBP101m (US$158.9m) winnings, he could, if the shares fall further, end up buying the company.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review