Blog: SPAM brings home the bacon
Catherine Sleep | 19 July 2006
Unlike dogs, brands are never too old, or indeed too derided, to be taught new tricks. Hormel’s SPAM luncheon meat is often the butt of jokes, yet it remains a profitable product and for some random reason massively popular in Hawaii. And now the product’s getting a little bit hip, a little bit dangerous and generally testing the boundaries with the launch of a variety with added bacon. You heard it here first.
The company suggests that “SPAM with Bacon will appeal to light users of SPAM by offering a new variety to try out, as well as bringing lapsed users back to the brand with something new and exciting on offer” Well maybe, or then again, maybe not. But in any case, you heard it here first. And well well, I just realised this is my third posting on SPAM in this blog. I really should be on commission.
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review