Blog: SPAM brings home the bacon
Catherine Sleep | 19 July 2006
Unlike dogs, brands are never too old, or indeed too derided, to be taught new tricks. Hormel’s SPAM luncheon meat is often the butt of jokes, yet it remains a profitable product and for some random reason massively popular in Hawaii. And now the product’s getting a little bit hip, a little bit dangerous and generally testing the boundaries with the launch of a variety with added bacon. You heard it here first.
The company suggests that “SPAM with Bacon will appeal to light users of SPAM by offering a new variety to try out, as well as bringing lapsed users back to the brand with something new and exciting on offer” Well maybe, or then again, maybe not. But in any case, you heard it here first. And well well, I just realised this is my third posting on SPAM in this blog. I really should be on commission.
Nestle, set to welcome a new CEO on 1 January, has announced more changes to the make-up of its senior management team....
Blue Bell Creameries is trying to win back the trust of consumers after a fatal listeriosis outbreak last year was linked to its products - but in recent days the US ice cream maker has issued another...
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Ireland unveils national plan to tackle obesity
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities