Blog: Spam, spam, spam
Catherine Sleep | 19 March 2004
I was moaning to news editor Kate yesterday about the burdensome amount of spam (junk mail) we seem to be receiving right now, and to cheer me up, she referred me to a quite remarkable piece of news from the Philippines. A restaurant has opened that serves nothing but spam (the edible variety this time).
With the catchy moniker of Spamjam, the restaurant will serve Spamburgers, Spam nuggets, Spam Spaghetti, Caesar salad with Spam, Spam and eggs, the list goes on.
The Monty Python team would have had a field day.
Since Theresa May took over as UK Prime Minister in the wake of the country's referendum vote to quit the European Union, she and her ministers have been at pains not to divulge their negotiating posi...
Greenpeace's long-running campaign against UK tuna brand John West, owned by seafood giant Thai Union, is now directing its fire against Sainsbury's....
The Obama administration appears to have conceded the landmark Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal will not be pushed through in the lame-duck session of Congress before Donald Trump is inaugur...
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti