Blog: Spam, spam, spam
Catherine Sleep | 19 March 2004
I was moaning to news editor Kate yesterday about the burdensome amount of spam (junk mail) we seem to be receiving right now, and to cheer me up, she referred me to a quite remarkable piece of news from the Philippines. A restaurant has opened that serves nothing but spam (the edible variety this time).
With the catchy moniker of Spamjam, the restaurant will serve Spamburgers, Spam nuggets, Spam Spaghetti, Caesar salad with Spam, Spam and eggs, the list goes on.
The Monty Python team would have had a field day.
Premier Foods plc revealed today (28 March) it has secured a deal with its pension scheme trustees that will see the UK food maker reduce its pension burden....
Hain Celestial, under the scrutiny of the investment community in recent months and facing some challenges in its domestic market, has announced another shuffling of its management pack....
FrieslandCampina, which today served up higher profits but lower sales for 2016, is ready to offload the last non-dairy business owned by the Dutch cooperative giant....
To follow on from our earlier notice and after some hard work from our technical team, just-food is back live after today's power outage....
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant