Blog: Starbucks sued for megabucks
Catherine Sleep | 13 September 2006
And here we have another of those egg-on-face stories that provoke such mirth. This time Starbucks is in the hot seat. Remember the trend a few years back for companies to email out coupons for free drinks, which then got forwarded and forwarded around cyberspace till the company in question was completely overwhelmed and pulled the plug?
Starbucks itself became embroiled in one of these fiascos in 2002, although that time the coupon was fake. Has it learned anything? Not a bit of it. The company recently emailed out online coupons to employees, which got forwarded. And forwarded. And forwarded again. So it’s had to ban the coupons now, resulting in one mightily racked off customer apparently hiring a lawyer to sue Starbucks for US$114m.
Honestly, you try and do your employees a good turn, and what thanks do you get?
The BBC turned to just-food today for insight on the price dispute between Tesco and Unilever....
Just weeks after buying UK turkey processor Bernard Matthews from administration, food tycoon Ranjit Boparan has struck a similar deal....
Shares in Tyson Foods slumped on Friday, closing down almost 9% after an analyst claimed a lawsuit facing the company could hit the US meat titan....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Hochdorf expands in Africa with Pharmalys buy
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review