Blog: Starbucks sued for megabucks
Catherine Sleep | 13 September 2006
And here we have another of those egg-on-face stories that provoke such mirth. This time Starbucks is in the hot seat. Remember the trend a few years back for companies to email out coupons for free drinks, which then got forwarded and forwarded around cyberspace till the company in question was completely overwhelmed and pulled the plug?
Starbucks itself became embroiled in one of these fiascos in 2002, although that time the coupon was fake. Has it learned anything? Not a bit of it. The company recently emailed out online coupons to employees, which got forwarded. And forwarded. And forwarded again. So it’s had to ban the coupons now, resulting in one mightily racked off customer apparently hiring a lawyer to sue Starbucks for US$114m.
Honestly, you try and do your employees a good turn, and what thanks do you get?
The UK's competition regulator has given the all-clear to Hain Celestial's bid to buy UK food and beverage group Orchard House Foods, nine months after the US group announced the deal....
Hershey made an unusual announcement today (20 September), sharing its own sales data for the last four weeks to assuage any possible investor concern over figures released by Nielsen....
As the UK starts to ponder what kind of a relationship it wants with the European Union post-Brexit, EU leaders have been lining up to warn that Britain will not be allowed to "cherry pick" deals and ...
Low food prices continue to hold back inflation rates in the UK as the supermarket price war continues in the face of rising import costs. ...
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report